Friday, May 11, 2012

There is another woman living in my house!

There is another women living in my house.  This "other" women  is younger, skinner .....and very familiar. She looks like me, dresses like me, smells like me, acts like me....she even thinks like me.  Sometimes I catch a glimpse of her around the house and I recognize her big toes and that cute little butt.  She wears my shoes, raids my closet, picks through my makeup, wears my perfume, and has recently began taking hot baths after dinner!


This "other " women is my DAUGHTER.  At some point in the middle of the night she crossed over from little girl to young lady.  Do I sound jealous?  I might be...maybe just a little.  After all my butt used to be cute and little and look just like hers.  But the couple of extra inches of padding on my butt are from years of experience and knowledge that I wouldn't trade for anything.

Sometimes I listen to her talk and think..."I know what your thinking..I've been there.  I know what your going through, how you feel."  And the fact that we are SO much alike makes me love her all the more.

But honestly right now I just want my "after dinner hot bath" back!  I suspect I will have it all to myself again soon enough...too soon.

I was just thinking about that.


Do you have similar emotions about a growing daughter or son?  Share your thoughts in the comments section below.

1 comment: